Wow, it's been a looooong time since I've posted anything. I guess summer is all about food that's so simple I don't need to write it down? Anyway, I have all kinds of tasty food stuff planned for the week (including some canning), and I have a feeling that our holiday weekend will include some pie-makin'.
We had quite the haul from the farmers' market, including an extra-large salmon fillet. We had planned to have salmon once this week (tomorrow), but had so much fish that we made a simple recipe with it (from Mark Bittman's Fish) in addition to a glorious late-summer tomato salad. We also scored some delicious blueberries from Sidhu Farms (which has consistently had the best blueberries at the market, IMO). The salad feels so simple that it's hardly worth writing down, but here 'tis:
Tomato, Basil, and Fresh Mozzarella Salad
Arrange the first three ingredients however appeals to your sense of food style on a plate. Drizzle with olive oil & balsamic; sprinkle with salt & freshly ground pepper.
- 1 large or two small, very ripe tomatoes, sliced into moderately thin wedges
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella (ours was from Golden Glen), sliced
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped or snipped into small pieces
- glug olive oil
- generous drizzle balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper, to tasteserves 2 as a side