Monday, May 7, 2018

Fall Cleaning

I have a stack of probably 200 recipes that is floating around our kitchen (not really, but the stack keeps migrating from one place to another). It's a mix of things I intend to make, things I aspire to make, things we've made a million times, and things we made once but didn't really like. I'm cleaning it up! (This morning we tried to find the recipe for buttermilk waffles there, and it was a delay to breakfast we just didn't need.) So.

Recipes in our regular rotation:

Roasted Chicken Thighs with Winter Squash: Melissa Clark is my go-to, and this recipe is a perfect example of why - it hits every flavor note for me.

Warm Kale, Coconut, and Tomato Salad: I could eat this forever, loads of umami

Joan's on Third's Curried Chickpeas: great thing to make on the weekends to throw into salads during the week


Things we tried:

Indian Roasted Broccoli and Sri Lankan Dal: both were incredibly rich, but good

Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce: I loved this; Victor felt the cardamom pods were too much

Masoor Dal: very meh

No comments:

Post a Comment