Saturday, February 19, 2011

back to smoothies

I am a little faddish about my breakfasts. These fads are personal to me, but I often eat the same thing for breakfast for weeks or even months. Certain things (like skinny ties?) come back time after time, while other things (jellies?) are popular for a while and then forgotten. Smoothies are a classic for me. For a long time, we had a mango-blueberry one every day; before that it was a strawberry-carrot smoothie (which I no longer quite remember how to make). Now is the time of the cinnamon pear smoothie, apparently.

Mango-Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
  • 1 C OJ
  • 1 C mango chunks
  • 1 1/2C frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 block soft silken tofu
  • sweetener, if necessary/desired
serves 2


Cinnamon Pear Breakfast Smoothie
  • 1 1/2 C OJ
  • 1/2 pear, cut into chunks but not peeled
  • 3/4 1/2 C uncooked rolled oats (eta: I measured how much I'm adding, and it's slightly less than I'd guesstimated)
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 C spinach
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
serves 1 generously


No comments:

Post a Comment